organic chemistry {noun} the chemistry of carbon compounds (other than simple salts such as carbonates, oxides, and carbides)

February 29, 2008

Knees Are Weird


I received an email from Ian asking me to help spread the word on on a project he's working on called Knees Are Weird. In making this call for entries he hopes to "...get a large variety of unexpected work, using the mundane and slightly irreverent subject of knees as a launching point."

"Why knees?

They are an under-represented body part. I'm extremely self conscious about my knees, and I don't know why. In specific, I posted an image of my knees to a self portrait community, and was asked to censor it, because it was somehow offensive. This amazed me, because my knees are awkward, but it never occurred to me that they might be offensive. There is something about knees, and hopefully, by putting this together, we can figure out a little more about them."

Get take your trousers off and make some photographs (or other form of artwork) about the knees.

Knees Are Weird

1 comment: