organic chemistry {noun} the chemistry of carbon compounds (other than simple salts such as carbonates, oxides, and carbides)

February 1, 2010

A Mother's Response

I just finished reading a fantastic post on Ian Aleksander Adams' blog about his mother's response to his project Gray Days. Ian consistently has engaging content on his blog, but this particular post opens the door for so much interesting discussion about photography and art as it relates to the resulting intentions and reception. Also, the relationships that affected or influenced by or because of the art, not to mention the relationships inspiring the work in the first place. It is an excellent read and I highly recommend it. I also invite discussion based around this post. I would love to hear your thoughts.










All Images © Ian Aleksander Adams Gray Days

1 comment:

Ian Aleksander Adams said...

It's sort of cool that the two images you picked for this post that I didn't feature in mine include my sister and my grandfather (top left and middle right respectively, though I hope that would be obvious). Maybe there is a larger family connection there than I've given credit to - the bottom image is Beth who is basically family now as well since we've been living together a couple years now.